Correct each of the following sentences using the guidelines presented in class, including (and especially) people-first language.
1. Her daughter is autistic.
2. The ARC is an organization that helps the intellectually handicapped..
3. I took a class about learning disabled children.
4. Gallaudet is a college for the deaf.
5. A learning disabilities teacher has many opportunities to help the mentally challenged.
6. I donate money to organizations that help the handicapped.
7. After suffering a spinal cord injury, he became a paraplegic and was confined to a wheelchair.
8. He is a polio victim who currently suffers form post-polio syndrome.
9. We saw a video about a schizophrenic woman.
10. She is afflicted with multiple sclerosis and is bedridden.
11. He was crippled from birth.
12. There was a blind girl in my calculus class.